Visiting the Epcot International Flower and Garden Festival is a highlight of spring for me. I am always in awe of the craftsmanship of the flowers, food, and entertainment. As someone who has never been very good at growing things to see the beauty of flowers in bloom is breathtaking.
What I didn’t know was how much work and planning goes into putting on this festival every year. I recently was able to sit down and talk to some of the people who are behind making this festival a success. I can tell you I learned a lot.
Things I learned
- Planning begins in September for this festival
- The trees and flowers come mainly from Florida but a few come from out-of-state
- Every year 1 to 3 new trophies are added to keep up with the changing characters and movies
- The menus changes from year to year but also bring back a few favorites
- Food spotlights farm to table recipes
Epcot International Flower and Garden Festival Blossoms from March 1 to May 29, 2017
What is your favorite part of the flower festival? Have you ever been to the festival?
Disclaimer: I was invited to this event by a fellow blogger. I used my own AP ticket and was not compensated in anyway other than a swag bag. All opinions are 100% my own.